Sign-up for our newsletter and join us on our mission to save as much money as possible!
Please note: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Amazon Prime Day 2018 is like Christmas in July! With sales that rival Black Friday and Cyber Monday, we are only days away from some of the biggest online discounts you’ll find this summer (or really, anytime during the year).
Here’s how to get the best deals and what to watch out for on July 16, Prime Day 2018!
When is Prime Day?
Prime Day will start on July 16 at 3 p.m. EST and will run for 36 hours. Most of the best deals won’t be revealed until the day of, but Amazon has been releasing sneak peeks and early deals you can shop now.
What to look out for
There will be lots of deals on gadgets and tech items, especially on Amazon’s own products. Things like the Fire tablets, Echo speakers and Kindle readers will be marked down to all-time lows. You’ll also be able to find deals on older model TVs and cameras because Prime Day is a time when manufacturers like to discount old models. This usually runs true for appliances as well.
Amazon Prime deals you can get now
Amazon launched a few deals on July 2 that will run through Prime Day including:
- Whole Foods delivery discount: Use code 20WHOLEFOODS to get $10 off your next two Whole Foods Market orders via Prime Now. This is for first-time customers only.
- Echo Show price cut: The Amazon Echo Show is priced at $129 (down from $229)
- $2 movie rentals: You can rent new movies via Amazon Prime Video for only $1.99 a piece
- Subscription discounts:
A sneak peek of Prime Day discounts
Amazon has released a few of the deals to go live July 16 including:
- Kindle Paperwhite for $79.99 (the lowest price ever on that model)
- Blink XT 1 Camera System for $75 (normally $130)
- $10 credit when you spend $10 at Whole Foods
- Anker-Roav Viva Alexa-powered car charger for $33.99 (usually $59.99)
- DJI will be offering the Mavic Pro for $800 (usually $1,000)
- Mavic Pro Fly More Combo with extra batteries, parts and case for $1,000 (usually $1,300)
- Philips Hue Starter Kit + Echo Dot Bundle for $69.99 (you’re essentially getting the Echo Dot for free)
How to make sure you’re getting the best deals
Just because the price is showing that it’s marked down for Prime Day,s doesn’t mean you are necessarily getting the best deal. Some sellers raise prices before Prime Day so the “discount” looks larger than it really is.
So, if you see something on Prime Day with a huge discount, copy the URL and paste it into CamelCamelCamel. This will show you the highest and lowest sale prices for almost any product. That way you’ll know if you should purchase it or wait for the price to drop even more.
Additionally, make sure you purchase through Ebates to get up to 5% cash back! Do that on Prime Day and you are sure to make a discount killing.
What last year was like
Some of the biggest discounts last year were on Echo speakers, Kindles, the Fire TV stick, the Instant Pot, Philips Hue smart bulbs and LG OLED TVs.
Last year’s Prime Day Sales included:
- 5 million toys
- 50,000 TP-Link smart plugs
- 200,000 dresses
- 300,000 light bulbs
- 100,000 Amazon Launchpad items
- 45,000 pairs of headphones
- 32,000 electric toothbrushes
- 52,000 kitchen items
- 37,000 power tools
Remember, you must be an Amazon Prime subscriber to get access to these deals and more. If you haven’t subscribed yet, you can sign up now for a free one-month trial.
Keep checking this page for updates leading up to July 16 and the latest sales as they cross our desk.
Happy Amazon Prime Day 2018 everyone!
Feature Image: Courtesy of Amazon
We aren’t done helping you make and save money! Swipe for lot’s of ways to connect with us so you never miss a single one of our money tips or tricks. Your wallet will thank you.
Sign-up for our Newsletter and get The Money Manual’s proven money making and saving tips and tricks directly in your inbox.
Like us on Facebook so you never miss a single hack for making and saving money ever again.
In need of some daily motivation to get your finances on track (who isn’t)?
Follow us on Instagram.Follow on Instagram
Join our community “Let’s Talk About Debt” for support and expert help around all things debt.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for money saving app reviews brought to you by our editors.