We’ve all been there – a few days out from payday, with a big unexpected bill, dying to go on a trip – needing to come up with some extra cash. And quickly.
Most of us don’t have time to go out there and get a time-consuming side hustle between work and family and everything else.
That’s why we searched far and wide for the best ways to come up with some extra cash fast. None of them pay a fortune on their own, but do a few together and you’ll come up with the money you need. When you’re in a pinch, that’s all that matters.
1. Mistplay - This Mobile Gaming Platform Actually Pays You To Play And You Won't Believe The Rewards
We love a good gaming app as much as the next person, but Mistplay is high on our list of favorites because this app actually pays you for playing. Yeah, you read that right.
Mistplay (download for Android) is a mobile gaming platform that pays you to try new games from a list customized to your gaming preferences. As you play games, you earn reward points, called “units,” that can be redeemed for awesome gift cards from Amazon, VISA, Target, and more.
Another thing to love about this app? Every week Mistplay hosts contests allowing players to score even more rewards, including hundreds of dollars in gift cards, laptops, game consoles and more.
Just download the Android app, choose a free game from your “mixlist” and start earning units . The more you play, the more you earn. It’s a simple idea that can result in a big payday for mobile game lovers.
Since its launch in 2017, the app has been downloaded 9.72 million times and has paid out given about $5.4 million in cash rewards.
2. Lucktastic (Android Only) - Play Scratch-Offs And Win Cash On Your Smartphone
We love a good game of chance as much as the next person, but constantly spending money on lottery tickets or scratch card games isn’t the most effective way to make money. We’re not here to try to get you to stop, but we are gonna tell you a way to keep the fun going without spending a fortune over time — Lucktastic (download for Android only).
Lucktastic is a free app that offers free daily scratch card games that can score you some serious cash and the app’s tokens, which you can use to enter contests. We know what you’re wondering: Is it legit? Well, 220,000 people have already scored major rewards with the app.
The app adds new games every day so there’s always a chance to win, plus consecutive days of game play will earn you daily rewards ranging from bonus tokens to contest entries. Lucktastic’s biggest scratch card cash prizes are $5,000 and $10,000. They also has two major contests going on: the daily $500 Amazon gift card giveaway and the $1 million Crack The Safe Contest.
When your account balance is at least $2, you can cash your winnings in for cash or gift cards (to places like Amazon, Walmart and JC Penny). If you have a balance of $10 and up, you can get your money mailed via check.
Stop giving away money just to get a chance to win more. Get daily opportunities to win big when you download Lucktastic for free (Android only).
3. Fetch Rewards - Save On Food Without Changing How You Shop Or What You Buy
We hear from our readers all of the time that their grocery bills are just crushing their budgets. Well, Fetch Rewards is a great money hack because you can use it to earn money towards your groceries and any other shopping you need to do. How? This app turns your receipts into gift cards.
Here’s how it works:
- Download Fetch Rewards
- Snap a picture of your receipts and the app will comb through it for participating products. Any eligible purchases you’ve made score you points.
- Redeem your points for free gift cards to your favorite grocery stores like Whole Foods, Walmart, Target and hundreds of other retailers like Amazon, Sephora, and Nordstrom.
This is free money, people! Turn your receipts into gift cards with some help from Fetch Rewards.
4. Ibotta – Turn Your Shopping Receipts Into Cash
Some weeks are tougher on your wallet than others and on those days, you have to consider every purchase carefully — even buying groceries can be a strain. Luckily, we know another grocery shopping hack that earns you cash back on your shopping: Ibotta.
With Ibotta, getting rewards is as easy as taking a picture of your receipt. The app will scan your shopping receipt for deals and then instantly apply cash back to your Ibotta account. It works at a ton of grocery stores, from Walmart to Costco to Whole Foods, so you won’t miss an opportunity to earn.
Once you are done shopping, turn your receipts into an activity, and scan them to get cash. It really is that simple.
Just look at all the cash back people are getting:
To help you get started, Ibotta is offering up to a massive $20 in free welcome offers for new users! This one is essential.
5. Savvy - Pocket An Extra $356 Per Year By Making This One Move
OK, so we know that most people are overpaying for car insurance, and we also know that it is incredibly annoying to shop around for it. In fact, the average person can slash $356 from their annual bill just by comparison shopping according to financial experts. That’s why Savvy is such a game-changer.
Savvy is a virtual insurance shopping assistant that will do a car insurance price check for you in just 30 seconds. In that time, they shop hundreds of insurers for you (other sites only shop a handful) to find you the absolute best deal.
Here’s how it works:
- Connect your existing car insurance policy. Doing this is what enables Savvy to do most of the work on your behalf.
- Review the various options that Savvy comes up with for you, and then lock one of them in.
- Savvy will help you simultaneously cancel your old, overpriced policy while enrolling you in your new policy. They’ll even help you get a full refund on any money your old insurer owes back to you.
Since you can use Savvy for free, and to get them to price shop on your behalf, you have nothing to lose by trying this. That’s why we are such a big fan of this money hack.
6. Opinion Outpost - Make Extra Cash Via The Best Paid Survey Site Out There
Opinion Outpost will pay you to answer questions on anything from what you ate this morning to your thoughts on US politics. You’ll also automatically be entered into a quarterly drawing for a hefty cash prize of $10,000 on top of that.
Sign up by connecting your Facebook or LinkedIn account or registering with your email and start earning money instantly.
When you have a balance of $5 or more, you can exchange your points for actual money via PayPal.
7. Shopper's Voice - Take This Survey To Get Full-Size Samples And A Chance To Win $500
If you’re not too keen on taking a ton of surveys to earn, then Shopper’s Voice is for you.
Taking a single survey with this market research company will get you free samples, coupons and special offers from your favorite brands rolling in all year round! We know its not cash, but it’s really helpful to get free stuff when you’re trying to limit your spending.
The survey, which only takes 15 minutes to complete, also earns you entry into the Shopper’s Voice’s sweepstakes where you could win $500! I repeat take one survey a year and get free stuff and a chance to win big. There’s literally no downside to this.
15-minute survey = free and discounted items for a year + possible cash prizes.
8. Swagbucks - Earn Cash Watching Short Videos On Sports, Entertainment, And More
If you’re looking for a low-pressure way to make some quick cash, paid surveys are always a great option because you can do them whenever you want to no matter where you are. Plus you get to make your opinions heard on a variety of topics like the products and brands you shop.
The Swagbucks app is one of our favorite go-to’s because on top of the tens of thousands of paid survey opportunities it has to offer, there are so many ways to earn with the app beyond them.
Here how to earn with Swagbucks:
- Shop – Get free coupons (that earn you rewards for redeeming) and online and in-store cash back deals for hundreds of retailers.
- Answer – Take surveys and polls on anything from products and brands you shop to the kind of food you like to eat to travel preferences.
- Watch – Watch videos on a variety of topics like sports, world and entertainment news and more.
Doing all of these activities earns you points you can exchange for cash via PayPal and gift cards from Visa, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Best Buy and more. So you’re basically earning money for doing the things you do online anyway, which sounds pretty great to us!
Swagbucks gives out 7,000 gift cards every day and since 2014, has already paid out more than $430 million in cash rewards to its members (that’s huge)!
9. DoorDash - Make Money Delivering Food (Car Not Required)
If you’re looking for an easy-going side gig with steady pay and flexibility, DoorDash is an option you should definitely look into.
DoorDash is an on-demand delivery service that contracts people to deliver orders right to a customer’s doorsteps. Deliver food as a “Dasher” via car, bike, scooter or motorcycle on your own time and make anywhere between $10 and $25 an hour (depending on location). You’ll get your money direct deposited into your bank account every week and can track your earnings through the app.
Unlike services like Uber or Lyft that limit you to only working in the state your vehicle is registered in, you can make deliveries anywhere DoorDash is available. So no matter where you go, if you’re in need of some extra spending money, you can just pull out your phone, open the DoorDash app and start taking orders.
10. Long Game - Save And Earn Money Playing Games Online
Let’s be honest: Sometimes what really holds us back from saving money is that spending money on the things you want is just more fun. You know what’s isn’t though? Not having enough money to do the things that are really important because you spent it all.
Now, thanks to Long Game, Saving money can be just as fun as spending it and even more financially rewarding.
Create a savings account with Long Game and every dollar you deposit, plus meeting savings goals you set in the app, will earn you coins you can use to play fun games (the app has more than free 25 to choose from). And get this — each game you play earns you the chance to win cash (including a $1,000,000 grand prize) and cryptocurrency! All the while your savings will be earning a 0.10% interest.
Open a spending account and use your Long Game Visa debit card to earn even more coins with every swipe. With RoundUps, transactions made with this card get rounded to the nearest dollar, helping you reach your savings goals faster and earn coins each time, which means more opportunities to win big!
You can try Long Game for free for 30 days. Set up direct deposit afterward and it stays free or just pay $3 a month.
11. InboxDollars - Earn Over $200 A Month Watching Movie Previews
Inbox Dollars is one of those rare sites that pays its members for activities that they do every day anyway — like watching movie trailers or reading emails. Stick with it over a month and it’s possible to earn over $200 a month.
Here’s how to earn with Inbox Dollars:
- Watch Videos: Big companies want consumers to watch short snippets of their content, like movie trailers or new product features. Inbox Dollars pays its members to do just that.
- Paid Surveys: Inbox Dollars surveys pay from $0.50 to $5.00 and take 3 minutes to 25 minutes to complete. There are some online surveys that pay $10, $20, or even more, too.
- Read Emails: Receive offers right in your email, and Inbox dollars will pay you just to read them.
Inbox Dollars has paid out over $59 million in cash rewards and has been featured in Forbes, Mashable among other publications as a way to earn money. It’s also A+ Rated and Accredited with the Better Business Bureau so you can have peace of mind when you sign up.
12. AppStation - Literally Everybody Is Talking About This Gaming App That Pays Cash
We have tried a lot of apps that promise cash for playing games and AppStation (Android only) is a new one we’re super excited about! Everybody is talking about this gaming app, which pays players real rewards.
AppStation is completely free to install and use, and you can earn simply by playing games on your mobile phone.
Here’s how it works:
- Choose an app from their list — everything from puzzles to adventure to arcade games and more
- Start playing and earning coins
- Trade coins in for gift cards and cash directly via PayPal
- That’s it! It’ll be the easiest and most fun way you ever earn cash
You can actually earn rewards just hours after playing games with the app. This is the perfect way to pass time gaming while earning at the same time. Download AppStation and get started.
13. Boodle - Get An Endless Supply Of Visa And Amazon Gift Cards Doing This On Your Phone
We’re all about stress-free side hustles you can commit as little or as much time as you like to, and we just found another — Boodle (Android only).
Download this free app to get paid in gift cards to brands like Amazon, Nike, Visa, Burger King, Chipotle, and more for doing simple activities – I’m talking things you do almost every day anyway.
Collect coins you can redeem for gift cards for doing things like:
- Playing popular mobile games
- Trying new apps Engaging with well-known brands
- Participating in Boodle’s daily polls
- Referring friends to the app
Super easy, right? And dare we say even fun? Completing any one of the Boodle activities above only takes a few minutes, so you can do them when you’re watching TV, in between work breaks, or while waiting on line at the grocery store.
Final Thoughts (TL:DR)Score cash and other rewards playing games on your phone - Mistplay
Earn money playing free scratch card games - Lucktastic
Earn cash back via gift cards for grocery shopping - Fetch Rewards
Earn cash on all your grocery shopping - Ibotta
Compare car insurance rates all in one place - Savvy
Share your opinions for cash - Opinion Outpost
Take a single survey to get free stuff year round - Shopper's Voice
Earn cash watching videos - Swagbucks
Be your own boss and earn money delivering food - DoorDash
Get rewarded for saving money - Long Game
Get paid to watch movie trailers and do other simple activities - InboxDollars
Get paid in cash and gift cards to try out gaming apps - AppStation
Get free gift cards doing fun activities with this app - Boodle