September 22 marks the first official day of Autumn. As we all know, it’s the time of year where the air gets crisper, pumpkins make their debut and football season is in full swing! Now is the time fit in as much fall fun as possible, before the dreaded winter cold hits.
Save some cash and have some fun these free fall activities (or almost
1. Visit a pumpkin patch: Find a local pumpkin patch for pumpkin picking and unlimited fall-themed activities. If the price is competitive, take a few home to carve.
2. Find a hay ride or fall festival: Churches and schools typically have fall festivals on the calendar this time of year. Call around to find your best deal and take the family on a hay ride!
3. Attend or watch a football game: Nothing says fall more than a good ole’ fashion football game. Attend a game if you can, or just host a party to watch your favorite team on TV. You can also get cheap tickets to a local high school game if you want to feel the team spirit in person.
4. Go hiking or camping: Fall is the busy season for camping and hiking. Lower temperatures make it pleasant and the bugs are more tolerable. Explore your state and find a new camping or hiking spot this month.
5. Make a DIY fall wreath: Grab a group of friends and decorate with DIY fall wreaths.
6. Give back to the community: Pick a service project to do this fall, like volunteering at a soup kitchen.
7. Host a murder mystery party: Use a free murder mystery part script and have everyone bring a treat or side dish to share to throw a cheap, fun party this fall.
8. Pick apples: Visit a local apple orchard. Some will sell apples at a discount or let you pick your own. Now is the best time to stock up on Honeycrisp!
9. Visit a haunted house: If you’re into Halloween traditions, pick a haunted house to go to. Attend on a weekday for better discounts and check out the website or social media accounts for other coupons.
10. Go for a drive: Head up a scenic route to enjoy the fall foliage. Grab a blanket, plan a picnic or just enjoy the scenery!
Feature Image: Twenty20
We aren’t done helping you make and save money! Swipe for lot’s of ways to connect with us so you never miss a single one of our money tips or tricks. Your wallet will thank you.
Sign-up for our Newsletter and get The Money Manual’s proven money making and saving tips and tricks directly in your inbox.
Like us on Facebook so you never miss a single hack for making and saving money ever again.
In need of some daily motivation to get your finances on track (who isn’t)?
Follow us on Instagram.Follow on Instagram
Join our community “Let’s Talk About Debt” for support and expert help around all things debt.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for money saving app reviews brought to you by our editors.