10 Easy Ways To Earn Money From Home
We’ve all been there – a few days out from payday, with a big unexpected bill, dying to go on a trip – needing to come up with some extra cash. And quickly.
Most of us don’t have time to go out there and get a time-consuming side hustle between work and family and everything else.
That’s why we searched far and wide for the best ways to come up with some extra cash right from your couch. None of them pay a fortune on their own, but do a few together and you’ll come up with the money that you need. When you’re in a pinch, that’s all matters.
1. Mistplay – This Mobile Gaming Platform Actually Pays You To Play And You Won’t Believe The Rewards
Earning free gift cards playing mobile games sounds like a dream for most people – Mistplay (download for Android) makes that dream a reality.
Mistplay is an Android gaming platform that lets you earn reward points, called units, for playing new games. Those points can be redeemed for awesome gift cards from Amazon, VISA, Target, and more.
How Mistplay works:
- Just download the Android app and choose a free game from your “mixlist”
- As you play, you’ll earn units — the more you play, the more you earn
- Once you earn at leas $, you can start redeeming them for gift cards
- Complete special missions to unlock achievement badges, which score you even more units
- Chat and compete with your friends on leaderboards
Another thing to love about this app? Every week Mistplay hosts contests allowing players to score even more rewards, including hundreds of dollars in gift cards, laptops, game consoles and more.
Since its launch in 2017 the app has been downloaded 9.72 million times and has paid out given about $5.4 million in cash rewards.
The games available in Mistplay regularly change. Download it today to see what games you can start earning with.
2. Stash – Start Investing With $5 And Earn Passive Income
Investment dividends are a great way to passively earn extra cash, but knowing where to start investing can be hard. Well, for a lot of people, Downloading the app Stash is the first step. Why? For two simple reasons:
- Stash is a micro-investing app that lets you start investing with as little as $1 via fractional shares (less than a whole share, making them cheaper to buy).
- Stash has nearly 2,000 stocks, bonds and exchnage-traded funds (ETFs)
- It has a comprehensive library of educational resources and tools that will teach you the ins and outs of investing
The stocks, bonds and ETFs you invest in pay dividends meaning you make money while you sleep! It only takes two minutes to sign up!
Paid non-client endorsement. See Apple App Store and Google Play reviews. View important disclosures.
3. Drop – Put Cash Back Into Your Wallet Every Time You Shop Thanks To This App
Drop is another favorite rewards app of ours that will help you seriously stretch your dollar and get a little something back every time you shop. Drop’s members earn reward points by using the app whenever they shop at its 400+ partnered brands, by playing games in the Drop arcade, or by engaging in quick and fun surveys.
Before you know it, you’ll have enough points to redeem your first free gift card to brands like Starbucks or Amazon, seamlessly through the app! And trust us – with Drop, reward points stack up fast since you’re earning points on purchases you make regularly – like ordering groceries from Walmart Grocery or Sam’s Club, taking an Uber, satisfying your late-night cravings thru Postmates, or stocking up on your skincare and beauty faves from Sephora.
To date, Drop has rewarded it’s members with over 26 million dollars’ worth of points which equals a whole lot of free Starbucks for members like you!
So what are you waiting for? Download Drop and start putting cash rewards back into your wallet as you shop.
4. InboxDollars – Get Paid For Things You Do Every Day
Whenever we hear people say they’re short on cash, we always suggest using InboxDollars. Your time is precious and InboxDollars makes it easy to earn by paying you to do the activities you normally do every day. That’s why we love it!
- Sign up for InboxDollars with your email address
- Take surveys — the app’s most popular activity — and earn anywhere between $0.50 to $20
- Surveys take anywhere from three to 25 minutes to complete
- You can also do any of these other activities to earn: shopping online through the app, watching videos, playing games, searching the web, rredeeming coupons and reading offer emails
I know it sounds too good to be true, but it’s really not. Every activity you complete scores you points towards cash!
As soon as you’ve earned a few bucks, cash out via check, Paypal or gift cards to a ton of different retailers like Amazon, Best Buy and Target and restaurants like Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse TGI Fridays.
Just taking as many as three or more surveys a day can earn you a decent amount of money. Do that every and it really does start to add up fast.
5. Lucktastic – Play Scratch-Offs And Win Cash On Your Phone (Android only)
We love a good game of chance as much as the next person, but constantly spending money on lottery tickets or scratch card games isn’t the most effective way to make money. We’re not here to try to get you to stop, but we are gonna tell you a way to keep the fun going without spending a fortune over time — Lucktastic (Download for Android only).
Lucktastic is a free app that offers free daily scratch card games that can score you some serious cash and the app’s tokens, which you can use to enter contests. We know what you’re wondering: Is it legit? Well, 220,000 people have already scored major rewards with the app.
Why we love the app:
- Lucktastic adds new games every day so there’s always a chance to win
- Consecutive days of game play will earn you daily rewards ranging from bonus tokens to contest entries
- Lucktastic’s biggest scratch card cash prizes are $5,000 and $10,000
- It has two major contests going on: the Sweet Money Contest with a cash prize of of up to $100,000 and the $1 million Crack The Safe Contest
When your account balance is at least $2, you can get your money as cash or gift cards (to places like Amazon, Walmart and JC Penny). If you have a balance of $10 and up, you can get your money mailed via check.
Stop giving away money just to get a chance to win more. Get daily opportunities to win big when you download Lucktastic for free (Android only).
6. Truebill – Lower All Your Bills Almost Instantly
So this one’s not so much about making money as it as about holding onto more of your paycheck by reducing your monthly spending. One of the easiest (and worst) ways to waste money is to lose track of where it’s going. With more and more bills becoming automatic charges, staying on top of them can be really hard.
Enter Truebill, an app that organizes all of the bills you’re paying for in one place so you can see exactly where your money is being spent. The app does this by analyzing your spending patterns when you link a bank account or credit/debit card. If you see a subscription you don’t need anymore, don’t really use or just straight up didn’t know you were paying for (yeah, all those free trials expire people) you can cancel them directly through Truebill with the click of a button.
Truebill saved this one user a ton of money:
Even big-time personal finance expert Lynette Khalfani Cox loves the app.
7. Steady – Find A Fresh Source Of Income With Help From This App
You might be thinking that looking for work right now is hopeless given the state of the economy, but believe it when we tell you there are still a lot of job opportunities available, and Steady can help you find them.
This free job search website and app has job listings for part-time, hourly, work from home and on-demand work opportunities.
Why we love it:
- On average, the app has helped its more than two million member community earn an average of more than $4,000 per year in additional income after joining Steady
- Steady has 1.5 million in-demand job opportunities and posts new job listings daily
- You can filter your search based on your income needs, availability, geography, skill set and more
- Use the service’s Income Tracker to track all of your earnings and better understand your cash flow — so you can keep growing how much you make
Steady not only helps you find your next job, but they also provide opportunities to receive cash nearly immediately and as a direct deposit to your bank account through their financial health Booster’s marketplace and their Emergency Cash Grant program. In the last year, Steady has awarded more than $2 million in financial health Boosters to around 62,000 members and $3.3M to more than 10,000 Members in Emergency Cash Grants.
8. Gabi – You Are Wasting $825 A Year And You Don’t Have To
Most people have absolutely no idea — and we mean no idea — that it’s recommended to switch car insurance every year so you are consistently getting the absolute cheapest price.
We all know that switching anything can be annoying, which is why we are such big fans of Gabi which shops for the best car insurance deals for you. It’s so good at doing this it saves its customers an average of $825 a year. This is no small chunck of chnage. Imagine what you could do with that money.
To find out if you are currently getting ripped off on car insurance:
- Connect your existing insurance policy
- Provide your driver’s license
- Within minutes get a number of cheaper options to switch
- Gabi will also instantly tell you if you currently have the cheapest policy possible
9. Branded Surveys – Take One 15-Minute Survey And Get Free Stuff For A Year
Branded Surveys has become a new favorite paid-survey hub for a lot of people because you never spend time taking a survey that’s not relevant to you. It matches you with surveys based on your interests. The more details you provided about yourself in your user profile when you sign up, the more surveys you’ll be eligible for, which means even more money. Unlike other paid survey companies, Branded Surveys makes a big effort to match its members with as many surveys as possible using its Survey Matching Engine.
There are a few ways to earn with Branded Surveys, too:
- Online focus groups
- Product reviews
- Social glimpse video testing
Every time you complete a survey, your answers get sent directly to the market research clients the survey is for so they can review it, and after that your earned points get posted to your account. Once you earn 1,000, you can start redeeming them for cash via PayPal or direct deposits with the Branded Pay feature (U.S. only) and gift cards from Amazon, Visa and other retailers and restaurants.
10. Opinion Outpost – Share Your Opinions And Get Free Gift Cards
Opinion Outpost is one of the easiest ways to score free gift cards and cash in time for the holidays. It’s a website that pays you to share your opinions through high-paying online surveys. Sounds ridiculously easy? That’s because it really is.
The best part? It’s super easy to get paid since the value per point is high. It takes just 50 points (5-7 surveys) to earn a $5 Amazon gift card. And since it’s 100% free to sign up, there’s no reason not to give it a shot.