These are the must read stories in personal finance right now.
1. A Record 3.3 Million People Have Applied For Unemployment Benefits
It has been a pretty unprecedented few weeks for the US economy. Here is what is happening on the ground as far as unemployment numbers go. (The Guardian)
2. Will I Get A Stimulus Check?
The Senate relief bill has passed, giving some Americans up to a $1,200 check. Here’s what you need to know. (NY Times)
3. How To Pay Your Bills During The Coronavirus Crisis
A lot of people are struggling financially right now, trying to figure out how to do things like pay their rent, their electricity and their credit card bills. Some companies have announced relief efforts. (USA Today)
4. Here Are The Best Ways To Use Your Coronavirus Rescue Check
If you are among the folks that are getting a check, here’s what to do with it if you don’t immediately need it for necessities. (CNBC)
5. Is Personal Finance Dead In The Time Of Coronavirus
With so many people worried about just getting by these days, is personal finance dead? (Bloomberg)
Feature Image: Twenty20