Lucktastic vs Mistplay: How Do These 2 Gaming Apps Compare, Which One Wins?
Lucktastic(Android only) and Mistplay are two well-known and fun mobile gaming apps. Both of these apps offer players a chance to play fun games on their phones and actually get rewarded to do so.
They have a lot of similarities and a lot of differences as well. We are going to dive into Lucktastic vs Mistplay in this article comparing where they are similar, where they are different, and ultimately which one to choose as a gamer.
Table of Contents
Mistplay vs Lucktastic at a glance
What Is Mistplay?
Mistplay is a mobile gaming app that has garnered much attention lately and many folks wonder, can you actually make money playing games on your phone, and are there other apps like Mistplay? We’re here to investigate what are the best gaming apps like Mistplay.
How Does Mistplay work?
Earning money on Mistplay is done by collecting points and you’re able to collect points through playing games. These points can be used to redeem a variety of rewards after you gain the minimum amount of units set by Mistplay.
Different playing times can range from two to five minutes. There are also different requirements that need to be accomplished to gain points. After you finish a game or achieve a specific goal within the game, it automatically informs you of your achievement.
Is Mistplay Legit?
Mistplay is definitely a legit app. It lets you download games and play to earn units that can be redeemed for prizes. Mistplay currently has a 4.2 average star rating on Google Play with over 231,006 total reviews at the time of writing. It should be noted Mistplay is not available on the iOS App Store.
What Real Users Think About Mistplay
This user loves the Mistplay app and only wishes there were more games to play.
Another use notes an issue with how long it took them to get their gift card, but otherwise likes the Mistplay app.
This user is not particularly pleased with the payout options and isn’t a big fan of the “night owl” feature.
What is Lucktastic?
You know how you get a scratch off lotto ticket at the corner store? You have to get up, find your keys, your phone, your purse, put your shoes on, maybe a jacket, walk over, decide which scratch off is that lucky winner for you today, buy it, dig for a quarter at the bottom of your purse, scratch it off, and…. Win? Lose? Who knows. The odds are not likely in your favor, and yet you just went through all that work to see if today was your lucky day.
Why not try Lucktastic (Android only) instead? It’s a free and fun way to win real cash and prizes and earn rewards with digital scratch cards, trivia, and contests. All from your phone and did we mention it’s free? And there are no coins required to scratch anything.
If you love a good game of trivia, Lucktastic is also the perfect app for you to add to your rotation. It gives you the experience of being on a live trivia game show, and like any good trivia show, and there are actual cash prizes and rewards you can win.
Together they make the perfect gaming app and one that competes with Mistplay on a completely different playing level.
How does Lucktastic work?
Here’s how Lucktastic works:
- Download the app (Android only) and register an account
- Play games and enter contests
- Win prizes like giftcards, money, or trips
Heres how Lucktastic trivia works:
- Download the app and register an account
- Check out the daily supply of trivia games
- Players will have 12 questions to answer on a wide variety of topics, like pop culture, sports, history, science, geography and so much more
- Answer all 12 trivia questions correctly and you’ll automatically be entered to win the game’s daily prize
Whatever questions you answer correctly also earn you “stars” that can be used to enter free sweepstakes with cash prizes like jackpots 1 Million, Sweet Money $100,000 Thousand Dollar contest, vacation getaways, unique experiences, and more.
How to make money with Lucktastic
Each day access a limited number of scratch cards until 4 a.m. EST. New cards are available starting at 5 a.m. EST.
Snag bonus cards daily from 1 -5 p.m. EST and after 9 p.m. EST.
Here’s how to play Lucktastic’s scratch offs:
- Select a card use finger on the screen and swipe back and forth to reveal the hidden symbols.
- Match 3 of the winning symbols displayed on that card and you’re a lucky winner.
Players earn tokens, cash, or a combo of both. It all just depends on the card you got that day.
How Lucktastic contests work:
- Enter sweepstakes or contests for a chance to win some big prizes
- Win a month’s worth of groceries or snag the chance to play another game to potentially win $1 million.
If you are a winner for a Lucktastic contest, you will be notified via email, and if you don’t respond within 48 hours another winner is selected. So keep an eye out.
How Lucktastic Daily Rewards work:
- Use tokens to enter daily and earn extra entries.
- Play 4 days in a row to get access to the Daily Rewards section of the app.
- Rewards can be tokens, contest entries, and more.
- Play 5 days in a row to gain access to the Mystery Rewards section of the Daily Rewards.
If you miss a day of play your Daily Rewards will reset so set a reminder alarm and don’t forget to play.
How trying out partner apps on Lucktastic works:
- Take surveys and check out partner apps
- Qualify for bonuses
- Earn tokens
How the Lucktastic VIP program works:
Lucktastic has a VIP program to encourage you to participate regularly. Each level snags you extra scratch cards and bonus contest entries. Reach a certain level and you’ll need to remain active in Lucktastic or risk your badge level.
Here’s how it works:
- Achieve one of three VIP tiers simply by completing scratch cards and downloading partner apps in the following levels:
- Bronze: Play 30 scratch cards + install 1 partner app
- Silver: Play 50 scratch cards + install 3 partner apps
- Gold: Play 200 scratch cards + install 7 partner apps
Here’s how the Lucktastic Friend referral bonuses work
- Refer a friend to Lucktastic through your Lucktastic referral code. Here’s how to find your Lucktastic referral code:
- FInd the 4 leaf clover at the top left of the screen in the app
- Select “friends”
- Share over Facebook, Twitter, email or a text
- Your friend downloads and plays the app
- You score 1,000 tokens
How the Lucktastic College Ambassador program works
Are you a college student looking to score a few extra bucks? Sign up for the Lucktastic College Ambassador Program to earn gift cards for referring your friends or classmates to play Lucktastic. You can earn up to $20 in gift cards for every 60 referrals.
You will also score some Lucktastic swag like apparel, stickers, pens, and more.
Score some bonus prizes by simply playing at least one scratch card per day for four consecutive days you’ll gain a daily chance to win $5,000. Once you’ve played 150 scratch cards, unlock the daily chance to win $10,000.
Earn an easy $25 scratch card for liking Lucktastic on their social media platforms:
Is Lucktastic Legit?
Lucktastic has been operating since 2012 and has millions of people playing daily and over 350,000 reviews on the Google Play store so it is definitely a legit app. However, you shouldn’t expect to be a winner every day as the odds of winning for the scratch cards depend upon the number of people playing the cards.
For contests, the odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received. All entries have the same chance of winning and the winner will not be announced until they have confirmed their information.
This means when you play against millions of others, your odds of winning are small, and the odds of winning some substantial money, even smaller. Think of it like playing the lottery (this is almost exactly the way this one works)- the more who play, the lower your odds are.
Lucktastic has already awarded over $10 million in cash prizes to players.
Lucktastic Reviews From Real Users
This user is happy with the Lucktastic app and notes how the tokens can be accumulated to use to enter contests or trade for gift card rewards to places like Amazon or Walmart.
This user is a bit critical and doesn’t love how many ads are on Lucktastic.
This one-star user isn’t happy with how time-consuming the app can be and the limited midrange options to redeem tokens for prizes.
Lucktastic vs Mistplay: How Lucktastic and Mistplay Compare
Similarities between Lucktastic vs Mistplay
Lucktastic is similar to Mistplay in that you are playing games on your phone for a potential prize. Both platforms offer gift cards as a potential prize. However, that’s where the similarities stop.
Differences between Luckstastic vs Mistpay
Lucktastic is very different from Mistplay. Instead of playing games like Solitaire or Yahtzee, you’re playing scratch-off cards, like if you went to the corner store to buy a scratch-off, but more convenient and free.
The odds of winning are slim, whereas, with consistency in playing on Mistplay, the games can lead to bigger rewards. But with consistency in playing on Lucktastic, you won’t really increase your odds (other than that of course playing vs. not playing will automatically give you better odds of winning).
The type of games played isn’t the only thing. The type of prizes won is vastly different between Lucktastic and Mistplay. On Lucktastic, you could really score spectacular prizes if you’re the lucky winner.
Lucktastic Sweepstakes Prizes
Win serious cash
You could win some serious cash prizes, which while the odds of winning are slim, these values are worth way way way more than what could be won on Mistplay. Here are the available cash prizes on Lucktastic right now:
- Enter Lucktatsic’s $1 million dollar jump ramp jackpot contest for your chance to win up to $1 million dollars cash.
- Enter Lucktastic’s sweet money contest for your chance to win up to $100,000 cash.
- Play Lucktastic’s Win Across America card for your chance to win $100. One winner per state.
- Win up to $10,000 instantly and enter great contests every day.
Win fun vacations
Imagine playing a free game on your phone and coming out with a paid-for family vacation? With Lucktastic, this dream might just become a reality for one very lucky winner.
- Enter Lucktastic’s Destination: Universal Vacation for a chance to win a trip for 4 to Universal Orlando Resort® in Orlando, FL. 3 full days and 4 nights of theme park tickets to Universal Studios Florida™ & Universal Islands of Adventure™, plus airfare, dining, and hotel stay.
Win real gift cards
Earn tokens as you play and save them up to be redeemed for gift cards from over 30 major brands and retailers.
Lucktastic Pros and Cons
- Completely free to play
- No strict withdrawal requirements
- Bonus opportunities
- Minimal time commitment- scratchoffs take seconds
- Win real cash (and sometimes lucky people win hard-core cash)
- Tons of gift cards to win from major retailers
- Earn tokens if you don’t win cash, redeem for other prizes including magazine subscription, contest entry and gift cards
- Winning is purley based on luck with low odds
- Lots of ads
- Tech issues like app crashes
- Takes a while to accumulate tokens
- Good gift cards are quickly not available
- USA players only
Mistplay Pros And Cons
- Receiving gift cards
- No credit card info required
- No ads within the app and games
- Free to play
- Pays promptly (receive gift cards within 48 hours)
- You can’t earn direct cash
- Only for android phone users
- Earning points gets challenging
- Must download each individual game on top of the Mistplay app
- Must permit usage access for Mistplay to track your time to earn units
- Games must be launched and downloaded via Mistplay’s app
- Low earnings
Bottom Line: Which One Is The Gaming Better App, Lucktastic Or Mistplay?
While it’s hard to directly compare these two gaming apps that have such different experiences, it is the author’s opinion that Mistplay is the better option over Lucktastic. This is simply because the types of games offered are generally more fun, and the time the user spends on playing is compensated for, at least a little bit.
Whereas with Lucktastic, your gameplay is short and over in a blink and the experience is more about playing to win rather than playing to have fun. Luck-based gaming apps are similar to gambling.
That being said, for those very few lucky winners, Lucktastic is the clear winner because if you come out with $1,000,000 or a dream vacation, that’s a much bigger prize than the few bucks that can be earned over hours and hours of gameplay that is the Mistplay experience.
Ultimately it comes down to the individual user and what they want to get out of their mobile gaming experience. If you want to have a chance to sit back and relax and play fun games and get a few bucks for your time, Mistplay is definitely for you.
If you’d rather be able to play and be done quickly and are ok with the addictive, gambling nature of the Lucktastic platform, then Lucktastic is for you.
The trivia arm of Lucktastic may be a great middle-ground that can scratch a typical mobile gamers’ playing itch but could lead to a bigger payoff than playing games on Mistplay.
In the end, it’s all up to you and what your style of gaming is.
Does Lucktastic cost money?
No Lucktastic is a totally free, ad-supported, gaming app.
Do you really win money on Lucktastic?
Yes, you can win real cold hard cash on Lucktastic though the odds are low and extremely low for wining substantial prizes with a high value. Think of it as playing the lottery.
What are the odds of winning on Lucktastic?
The odds are variable as they depend on how many users are playing at the time. Generally speaking, the odds of winning a great prize like a million dollars or a vacation are very low. The odds of winning a gift card may be halfway decent but the good ones get scooped up quickly so the odds are low.
Is Mistplay free?
Mistplay is a totally free, ad-supported, gaming app. They make money via the game developers that use their platform to connect to players to test their games.
What games are on Mistplay?
The games vary depending on your location but the categories are as follows:
Download Mistplay to start earning rewards for the time you already spend playing games on your phone.
Download Lucktastic (Android only) and may the odds be ever in your favor.
Learn more about Lucktastic in our Lucktastic review here.