We Investigate: Does InboxDollars Actually Help You Make Extra Money? Is It A Good Survey App?
We’ve all received surveys after making an online purchase of just about any item. Getting feedback from customers is important because that information can be used to improve our purchasing and user experience.
The hard part of getting feedback is incentivizing customers to give it. How do you get as much feedback as possible without annoying customers into just hitting the delete button?
InboxDollars thinks it has figured that out by offering people money in exchange for the time it takes to fill out surveys. Let’s take a look at how it works do you can decide if you want to get started and download InboxDollars today.
What Is InboxDollars?
InboxDollars connects you with brands and survey providers to take paid market research surveys. This lets marketers collect information on brands you are familiar with or have engaged with.
Brands pay survey sites to get information from consumers who give their opinions about products and services. The feedback collected helps the brands with product development and future marketing campaigns.
InboxDollars can be accessed either through its website or via an app available on the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
How Does InboxDollars Work?
No matter how you access InboxDollars, the first step is to create an account and fill out your profile survey. This helps identify surveys you may qualify for. You’ll earn a $5.00 sign-up bonus, and the profile survey is 30 questions.
In your account, you’ll see available online surveys in the Survey Notification Dashboard. The dashboard displays the surveys you qualify for based on the information you provided.
The survey dashboard shows how much the survey offers, the time it will take to complete, and the survey topic (cell phones, fashion, healthcare, etc.). If you access the website, the survey’s name will also appear.
Surveys vary widely. Some take only a few minutes to complete and will pay $2.50. Other surveys can take 30 minutes and pay $0.25. The brands determine how long a survey will take and how much it pays.
Besides cash, you can also earn Scratch and Win tickets, InboxDollars’ version of a digital lottery ticket (similar to Lucktastic). The more activities you complete the higher the prize can be.
If you use the ticket as soon as you’re eligible, the prize could be as high as $10.00. If you wait longer to use the ticket, it could be higher, up to a $100.00 maximum. Obviously, not all Scratch and Wins are winners, and prizes can be small as well as large.
InboxDollars also incentivizes users to complete activities by offering a Daily List. The list is a quota of sorts that offers additional cash rewards for completing a series of surveys or other online tasks on an itemized list. Streaks of completing your Daily List can qualify for even larger rewards over and above the daily rewards.
Unlike other apps that reward you for interaction, there is no “in-app currency.” InboxDollars notifies you of rewards in actual cash amounts.
There are actually eight different ways to earn money using InboxDollars:
- Completing surveys. Surveys are recommended based on your profile.
- Watching videos. This feature requires you to have ad blockers turned off.
- Shopping with specific brands. InboxDollars partners with stores like BestBuy, Kohl’s, and Macy’s. You can shop through the app, the website, or by using the BillyButton. The BillyButton is a browser extension that links to your InboxDollar account.
- Playing games. Like other apps that offer cash in return for gameplay, you must play the game through the InboxDollars app.
- Using coupons. InboxDollars rewards users for both redeeming and printing coupons.
- Browsing the web. InboxDollars has its own built-in search engine. This does not contribute towards cash, but it does contribute toward Scratch and Win tickets.
- Uploading receipts. There are two ways to upload receipts with InboxDollars.
- With Magic Receipts, you choose from a list of deals on InboxDollars and add them to your cart. When you buy the items from a participating store, you can take a picture of your receipt and upload it to your account for an immediate cash reward (similar to Ibotta and Fetch Rewards).
- Any Receipts deals let you upload any receipt from more than 1,100 retailers. The receipt needs to be less than 14 days old and you’ll get $0.02 for each receipt you submit.
- Signing up for offers. Offers are some of the highest paying rewards, but they require you to use third-party apps, so there may be additional downloads required and accounts to create. Some offers have purchase requirements, but you can sort and filter for offers that do not require purchases.
Is InboxDollars Legit Or A Scam?
InboxDollars is a legitimate survey and rewards site. It has been positively reviewed across multiple platforms. It was developed by Prodege, a global market research firm that has developed other positively reviewed reward apps such as Swagbucks.
Prodege holds an A- score on the Better Business Bureau website at the time of writing and has been accredited since 2010.
What real users think about InboxDollars.
InboxDollars has been reviewed more than 108,000 times on the Google Play Store and more than 148,000 times on the Apple App Store. The app maintains a 3.9 stars out of 5 rating on Google Play and a 4.5 stars out of 5 on the Apple App Store.
Users who rate the app positively are pleased with the amount of the payouts and the speed of customer service resolving issues.
This happy 5-star reviewer says InboxDollars is the best survey and cashback app with easy cashouts.
Another happy 5-star reviewer states that it has great offers that truly pays out. They mention it’s not a full-time salary replacer but the customer service is top-notch and helps resolve issues fairly quickly.
Users who rate the app negatively say that it takes a long time to reach the minimum cashout amount of $15. Users are also sometimes disqualified from earning cash in a survey based on the answers they give.
InboxDollars pros and cons
- Available on several platforms
- You can see how much you’re earning with no conversions
- Eight different ways of earning money
- You can be disqualified from a survey based on your answers
- Sometimes purchases are required for offers
InboxDollars is similar to a lot of apps that offer rewards for the time spent completing activities. If you want to make some extra money with minimal effort, it may be worth your time.
If your goal is to make the most money you can, it’s best to use surveys, coupons, receipts, and some offers. If you’re just looking to kill time and make a little money doing it, then playing the games on your phone and earning Scratch and Win tickets is the way to go.
Ultimately it is up to you the user if you want to spend your time on your phone doing the things you are already into doing and make some money. Why not decide for yourself and download InboxDollars today and snag the $5 signup bonus.
What can I earn with InboxDollars?
With InboxDollars, you can earn Amazon gift cards as well as gift cards from brands like BestBuy, Barnes & Noble, L.L. Bean, Bath and Body Works, and many others. You can also have money deposited directly to your PayPal account.
How long does it take to process my payment request?
Gift cards take 3 to 5 business days to process. PayPal payments can take up to 10 days to process.
For PayPal payments, InboxDollars has strict verification rules. Your email address and the email address associated with PayPal have to be identical, as does your name and mailing address. You also must have a verified bank account.
Where is InboxDollars on social media?